Sonoma County Pride Celebration – June 2, 2018
Fourth Street, Santa Rosa, CA
TOGETHER WE RISE
Thank you for joining us for our 31st annual Pride Celebration event, the first in our new location. Please read all of these pages carefully. To ensure a safe and enjoyable parade experience for participants and spectators, the rules and regulations herein will be strictly enforced.
This year’s theme is Together We Rise. Since the election many in our community feel threatened by the hateful rhetoric and policies of the current national political leadership. Also the recent tragic fires have brought trauma and dislocation to many. This year’s theme is about joining together to resist bigotry and discrimination and helping our community heal and rebuild.
Parade participants are encouraged to design their unit to show that Together We Rise.
Parade entries are available in the following categories:
||By April 22
||One Car, Motorcycle or Self-Propelled Unit
|Non-Profit, Political & Social Units
||Bands, Drummers, Other Musical Units
|Car and Motorcycle Unit
||Not to Exceed 4 in Units
||Unicycles, Bicycles and Tricycles
||20’ Max, i.e. Auto/Pick-up
||Maximum Size: 10’w x 60’l x 13’h
- No registrations will be accepted after Friday, May 18, 2018.
- Mail-in Registration is also available by downloading the application here.
- Vehicular entries must include the signed Limitation of Liability, Indemnity and Release form and include a copy of proof of vehicle liability insurance when they mail in their registration.
- Submission of application and payment constitutes agreement to follow all terms and conditions listed below.
- The deadline for entries at the Early-Bird special rate is, Friday, April 22, 2018. Late entries or late completion of initial entry information is permitted, at increased fees, by Friday, May 18, 2018. No entries will be accepted after that.
- In the event more entries are received than can be presented in the parade, Sonoma County Pride (hereafter SCP) reserves the right to close registration for entries early to ensure an efficient and manageable event.
- Entry fees are not refundable after Friday, May 18, 2018. Cancellation and a request for refund from the parade committee must be requested by that date via email at Parade@SonomaCountyPride.org.
- The SCP parade is a rain or shine event. All units must be prepared for rain or sun and heat. Unless the SCP cancels the parade, all units will be expected to perform and no entry fees will be refunded.
- Upon receipt of your application, the parade committee will email an acknowledgement notice, indicating whether further information is needed.
- All vehicular entries are required to submit the Limitation of Liability, Indemnity and Release form and proof of insurance via email or postal service by May, 25, 2018. All requested information must be provided. Insurance documentation is required for all motorized vehicles and must be available for inspection by parade officials prior to placement into the lineup.
- All entrants must conform to the description stated on their application. Any changes must be submitted in writing with a copy of your Entry Application. No changes will be allowed after Friday, May 18, 2018. The Parade Committee reserves the right to re-classify applicants.
- Separate units that wish to be grouped together in the parade, MUST submit their own application and indicate on their application what unit they want to be grouped with. All parties wishing to be grouped together must note it on each of their respective applications. We will attempt to fulfill your request, but cannot guarantee it.
- Any unit (individual or group) entering the parade without pre-registering will be removed immediately.
- Parade information packets will be emailed to the primary contacts approximately May 25th. You will be sent a Parade Route map, your unit assignment, your parade number and staging time. Please arrange to communicate this to your group prior to parade day.