Sonoma County Pride Celebration – June 1, 2019
Fourth Street, Santa Rosa, CA
Stonewall to Sonoma, a Heritage of Love
Thank you for joining us for our 32nd annual Pride Celebration event, the first in our new location. Please read all of these pages carefully. To ensure a safe and enjoyable parade experience for participants and spectators, the rules and regulations herein will be strictly enforced.
This year’s theme for the parade is Stonewall to Sonoma, a Heritage of Love. In 1967 thousands of young people from around the country descended on the bay area for the summer of love. Rejecting cultural pressure to conform, they were determined to MAKE change happen and create the world they wanted to live in. On June 28th, 1969 the Stonewall riots (also referred to as Stonewall uprising) happened at the Stonewall Inn in Greenwich Village, New York City. Violent demonstrations by members of the LGBT community took place as they fought back against the police harassment and raid. The LGBT community stood up and said we are not going to take it anymore. These riots constitute the most important event leading to the gay liberation movement and modern fight for LGBTQ rights. The world has never been the same.
Starting with our Pride Festival in June, join Sonoma County LGBTQI Pride as we reimagine that summer for a new generation through a season of events and activities that celebrate diversity and queer culture and inspired by that spirit of freedom and LOVE. Exhibitors are encouraged to use this theme when thinking about your contingency.
Parade entries are available in the following categories:
||One Car, Motorcycle or Self-Propelled Unit
|Non-Profit, Political & Social Units
||Bands, Drummers, Other Musical Units
||Maximum Size: 10’w x 60’l x 13’h
- No registrations will be accepted after Monday, May 20, 2019
- Vehicular entries must include the signed Limitation of Liability, Indemnity and Release form and include a copy of proof of vehicle liability insurance when they mail in their registration.
- Submission of application and payment constitutes agreement to follow all terms and conditions listed below.
- The deadline for entries at the Early-Bird special rate is, Friday, May 6, 2019. Late entries or late completion of initial entry information is permitted, at increased fees, by Monday, May 20, 2019. No entries will be accepted after that.
- In the event more entries are received than can be presented in the parade, Sonoma County Pride (hereafter SCP) reserves the right to close registration for entries early to ensure an efficient and manageable event.
- Entry fees are not refundable after Monday, May 20, 2019. Cancellation and a request for refund from the parade committee must be requested by that date via email at Parade@SonomaCountyPride.org.
- The SCP parade is a rain or shine event. All units must be prepared for rain or sun and heat. Unless the SCP cancels the parade, all units will be expected to perform and no entry fees will be refunded.
- Upon receipt of your application, the parade committee will email an acknowledgement notice, indicating whether further information is needed.
- All vehicular entries are required to submit the Limitation of Liability, Indemnity and Release form and proof of insurance via email or postal service by May 20, 2019. All requested information must be provided. Insurance documentation is required for all motorized vehicles and must be available for inspection by parade officials prior to placement into the lineup.
- All entrants must conform to the description stated on their application. Any changes must be submitted in writing with a copy of your Entry Application. No changes will be allowed after Monday, May 20, 2019. The Parade Committee reserves the right to re-classify applicants.
- Separate units that wish to be grouped together in the parade, MUST submit their own application and indicate on their application what unit they want to be grouped with. All parties wishing to be grouped together must note it on each of their respective applications. We will attempt to fulfill your request, but cannot guarantee it.
- Any unit (individual or group) entering the parade without pre-registering will be removed immediately.
- Parade information packets will be emailed to the primary contacts approximately May 24th. You will be sent a Parade Route map, your unit assignment, your parade number and staging time. Please arrange to communicate this to your group prior to parade day.