Saturday, June 4, 2022 11:00am – 12:00pm
Fourth Street & Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa
Join us for our 36th annual Sonoma County Pride Celebration! We are returning to downtown Santa Rosa after a two-year absence due to the Corona Virus Pandemic. We are so excited to be back and to have you join us! Please read all these pages carefully. To ensure a safe and enjoyable parade experience for participants and spectators, the rules and regulations herein will be strictly enforced.
Our 2022 theme, We Are Family is all about coming back together in a spirit of oneness and belonging and celebrating our connectedness as a community. The last two years have been a challenge for us all, but we survived. Now we move forward, each of us unique, we struggle, we rise, but in the end, we are here for one another as family.
Together as chosen family we will persevere, heal, and lift up one another. Sonoma County Pride invites you to showcase what makes you or your group one-of-a-kind and to celebrate what makes our Sonoma County community so special. We encourage you to be as original and colorful as you dare. Decorate, decorate, decorate. The sky is the limit to show We Are Family!
Parade participants are encouraged to use this theme when thinking about your entry concept & decoration.
APPLICATION FEES, DEADLINES, AND REQUIREMENTS
Parade entries are available in the following categories:
||By May 6
|Non-Profit, Political & Social Units
||Bands, Drummers, Other Musical Units
|Car and/or Motorcycle Unit
||Not to Exceed 4 in Units
||20’ Max, i.e. Auto/Pick-up
||Maximum Size: 10’w x 60’l x 13’h
- Registrations will be accepted through Friday, May 20, 2022.
- Online Registration is available at www.SonomaCountyPride.org/Parade.
- Mail-in Registration is also available by downloading the application from the website.
- Vehicular entries must include the signed Limitation of Liability, Indemnity, and Release form and include a copy of proof of vehicle liability insurance when they mail in their registration.
- Submission of application and payment constitutes agreement to follow all terms and conditions listed below.
- The deadline for entries at the Early-Bird special rate is Friday, May 6, 2022. Late entries or late completion of initial entry information is permitted, at increased fees, by Friday, May 20, 2022. No entries will be accepted after that. Absolutely No Exceptions.
- In the event more entries are received than can be presented in the parade, Sonoma County Pride (hereafter SCP) reserves the right to close registration for entries early to ensure an efficient and manageable event.
- Entry fees are not refundable after Friday, May 27, 2022. Cancellation and a request for a refund from the parade committee must be requested by that date via email at Parade@SonomaCountyPride.org.
- The SCP parade is a rain or shine event. All units must be prepared for rain or sun and heat. Unless the SCP cancels the parade, all units will be expected to perform and no entry fees will be refunded.
- Upon receipt of your application, the parade committee will email an acknowledgment notice, indicating whether further information is needed.
- All vehicular entries are required to submit the Limitation of Liability, Indemnity, and Release form and proof of insurance via email or postal service by Friday, May 27, 2022.
- All requested information must be provided.
- Insurance documentation is required for all motorized vehicles and must be available for inspection by parade officials prior to placement into the lineup.
- All entrants must conform to the description stated on their application. Any changes must be submitted in writing with a copy of your Entry Application. No changes will be allowed after Friday, May 27, 2022. The Parade Committee reserves the right to re-classify applicants.
- Grouped Entries: Separate units that wish to be grouped together in the parade, MUST submit their own application and indicate on their application what unit they want to be grouped with. All parties wishing to be grouped together must note it on each of their respective applications. We will attempt to fulfill your request, but cannot guarantee it.
- Any unit (individual or group) entering the parade without pre-registering will be removed immediately.
- Parade information including lineup number, time, and location to check-in will be sent out via email approximately one week before the event.